I got this delicious and nutritious melodious blend from Trader Joe. It is from the frozen section. This blend has the following ingredients: cooked green lentils, cooked red lentils, cooked green garbanzo beans, tomatoes, extra virgin olive and sea salt.
I usually keep my freezer stocked with two or three of these items. I use it to make a quick meal with a main meat or seafood course and vegetable dish. This blend can be cooked in 7 minutes!
This time I simply added cut cauliflowers into the blend when I heat up this blend and eat the dish with a salmon filet and two kiwis. I feel wholesome after eating this dish.
Here is how I prepared the Salmon dish and the melodious blend with Cauliflower dish.
- A few slices of Ginger
- A few cloves of garlic
- A few drops of freshly squeezed Lemon juice
- Salt to your taste
- Pepper to your taste
- Sprinkles of blend of herbs
- Oil on the pan
- When the oil is heated in a hot nonstick pan over medium-high heat, add the fish filet(s)
- Pan-fry and brown both sides of fish.
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan
- Once both sides are brown, then simmer on low heat until inside is cooked through.
- Squeeze a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sprinkle the Italian herb blend.
Melodious Blend with cut cauliflowers
- Melodious blend
- A bit of coconut oil or butter
- Chopped Garlic
- A little bit of water
- Cut cauliflowers
- No salt required
- Put a little bit of oil or butter on the pan over medium high heat.
- Put in melodious blend enough portions for everyone.
- Add the cut cauliflowers
- Keep stirring until it is heated and ready to eat.
Serve salmon with the melodious blend and add some fruits to the plate.
If you are not a seafood person like my daughter, substitute it with a pork chop or chicken breast. If you are a vegetarian, you may consider to have some stir-fried tofu with garlic and soy sauce.
P.s. I am usually not a fan of frozen vegetables, but frozen beans taste good when you heat them up. These frozen beans are delicious and makes a great nutritious side dish with your main course! Similar blends may be also found in other super markets too. But I love the Trader Joe’s one.