- Salmon (one piece per person)
- Garlic–six cloves (3 for veggies and 3 for salmon). Chopped.
- Ginger, if you have it. Shredded.
Procedure for cooking salmon:
- Add cooking oil into a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Then add chopped garlic and shredded ginger.
- Immediately add salmon and brown both sides.
- Cover and make sure inside is cooked.
- Then add salt and pepper.
- Squeeze a few drops of fresh lemon on the salmon before serving.
The Procedure to Cook the Vegetable Dish:
- Add oil to another pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped garlic and stir it for a few seconds. Avoid burning the garlic.
- Add washed spinach and cut mushrooms into the pan. Keep stirring the veggies until it looks like the pictures in this post.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
Serve salmon and the spinach and mushrooms over the cooked rice or eat these dishes together with a baked potato. Don’t forget to add a piece of fruit to your plate to increase a healthy fruit intake into your diet.
It tastes great to add some cashews to the plate too!
Keep salmon filets and cooked rice (in small sandwich bags) in the freezer. Leave the fish filet(s) in the refrigerator to thaw over night, if you know you will use it within two days. Also thaw the rice over night too. Thawed cooked rice can be kept in the fridge longer than thawed fish. Your freezer should be stocked with items like these for easy and quick meals.
P.s. I was not in the mood to cook today at all. I figured my body deserved at least one good meal today. I was certainly happy that I did it and was able to easily make this meal in less than 15 minutes.
After eating this meal I feel so much better! Good food is an instant mood booster.
It also provides me good fuel to do exercise tonight!