One of the easiest way to come up with a Chinese meal is to combine pan-fried eggs with a vegetable dish and some nuts. If you have cooked rice, this dish can be done in ten minutes! You heard it correctly. It takes me only about 10 minutes to make this meal.
I made this dish in ten minutes, but I still managed to eat a very tasty and healthy meal. Simple dishes like this somehow make me appreciate more about simple things in life. Some good fresh veggies, a couple eggs and nuts over rice are all I need to nourish my body and I can purely enjoy the simplicity in this food, savoring the textures and flavors of this dish as I take my time chewing on the slightly crunchy veggies and delicious cashew nuts with rice.
If you have cooked rice in the freezer or have frozen brown rice packages (you could get them from Trader Joe), you can have this meal ready in 10 minutes!!
You could use different kinds of veggies to go with the pan-fried eggs.
This meal is great when you are too tired and just want to quickly cook a good healthy meal without too much efforts.
- Ingredients for this meal:
2 to 3 eggs for one person
- One kind of green veggies such as kale, collard green, or Spinach
- Chopped garlic
- Nuts such as peanuts, cashew nuts
Green Vegetable Dish:
- Heat up cooking oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Put in chopped garlic, stirring for a short 10 to 15 seconds
- Add the cut vegetables into the pan (For Chinese cabbages, replace garlics with shredded ginger.
- Put it aside when the vegetables are bright green and appear to be slightly Crunchy as seen in the photo below.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
For Pan-fried Eggs:
Cashew nuts really adds delicious taste to this meal.
Simple is good; less is more. It is the same with food.
Food itself comes in all flavors and we don’t always need to dress it up with too much unnecessary sauce. We can use the same stir-frying technique and even the same simple seasonings of salt and pepper, but by simply alternating different variety of vegetables and nutritional protein sources, we can enjoy the food as it is.
Not only simple food can taste delicious and it takes less time to prepare as well.
You girls out there, next time when you wake up from bed, you may also try to put less make up. You may look just as appealing and wonderful with just a single touch of a lipstick!