This wonton noodle soup will make a perfect midnight meal before going to bed. Sometimes we miss eating a good dinner and get very hungry right before going to bed. We don’t want to eat any thing heavy. I suggest you cook yourself a very light wonton noodle soup.
It only takes a short 10 minutes to cook it and very easy to clean up after cooking too.
All you need is the following ingredients:
- Frozen wontons (You can get this in Trader Joe or Asian Market)
- You can add one or two eggs if you want more protein. But put this in the beginning and let it boil together with wonton before putting the following items. Don’t stir it until it is cooked.
- Add thin noodles that can cook in three minutes. You can get this kind of noodles in an Asian market. You can also buy it from the Whole Food Store. I used the following I bought from the whole Food Store. It is very good for you because it is made of whole grains. You can also purchase purple noodles that is noodles made with taro from the Whole Food store.
- Green Veggies such as kale, spinach, or cabbage.
- Cut mushroom into quarters
- Boil a pot of water. About a big bowl of water for one person, 2 big bowls of water for two person. Add all of the following things right after the other:
- After the water is boiled, add about at least 7 wontons for one person. About 14 wontons for two. Wonton is tiny and 7 of them will add flavor to the soup because of the meat inside.
- Add one bunch of rice vermicelli noodle for one person if you have them (they cook very quickly) or you can also use mung bean noodles or even Ramen noodles too. If you only have spaghetti noodles, you will have to cook it in a separate pot and cook it according to package and once it is cooked, add the cooked noodles to the wonton soup. It would take too long this way. I suggest to stock up any kind of fast-cooking thin noodles that require only three minutes to cook.
- Cook for about 3 to four minutes over medium fire.
- Add green leafy veggies the last one minute. I put kale too early; that is why it is not bright green as it is supposed to be. If you add pieces of carrots, radishes, or broccoli, you probably want to put them a bit earlier, but the green leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale should become brighter green after being cooked for one minute. To taste better and not lose their nutritional values through heat，avoid overcook vegetables.
- Add pepper and salt.
Now you can enjoy a bowl of wonton noodle soup!
Very quick and easy and now you won’t be too hungry to go to bed. You won’t have to work your stomach too hard to digest this light meal either. This will digest so much better than a piece of Pepperoni and cheese filled pizza. Perfect for a late-night meal!