By Ling-Ling Shih at Ling Ling Wellness Pages
- Chives (cut them into 1 inch length)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- some shredded cheese (optional)
- Cooking oil (use some butter if you like)
- Mix 1/2 cup of flour with 1/2 cup of water, chives, and two eggs, as well as a pinch of salt.
- Turn the oven on medium-high and heat up pan with some oil as seen on the photo above.
- cook two pancakes on the pan(s)
- Pan-fry each side about three minutes or so. Cook it until it’s cooked inside, and has spotty brownness on top.
- Toward the end of cooking, add cheese (optional) and black pepper on top of the cooked pancake. After cheese is melted, serve!
- It will yield two pancakes. If you have more than one person, you may want to double the portions.
Nutritional Facts of Chives: What are the health benefits of chives? – Medical News Today
Possible health benefits of consuming chives
Chives are a nutrient-dense food, meaning that while they are low in calories they are high in beneficial nutrients like vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
This dish was inspired by the recipe I found at Spice the Plate.