By Ling-Ling Shih at Ling Ling Wellness Pages
Honey Roasted Almonds
Bake Time: 15-18 min.
- 2-3 tablespoons honey (You can add 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup if you like)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- One single layer of RAW un-roasted and un-salted nuts (such as almonds/cashews or a combo) on a regular cookie baking sheet and over another half of cookie baking sheet if you like it lighter like me.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional).
- salt (to your taste) (Don’t put salt in the mixture of seasonings, but sprinkle it over nuts right after they are finished baking).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the almonds (or a combo of almonds and cashews) with the mixture of above seasonings (except for the salt) in a bowl and mix them well.
- Then spread the coated almonds on the aluminum foil covering a baking sheet.
- bake them for about 15 minutes. Stir them at least once and bake them until they become light brown on both sides and until they are aromatic.
- Then sprinkle salt over the nuts right after you take them out of the oven.
Once it’s dried, you can transfer to a container and eat them as snack whenever you are hungry.
The quantity for each seasoning is only suggestion. You may trust your intuition to decide how much each ingredient/seasoning is needed. One rule of thumb for me is to go very light on the seasonings, which will allow us to enjoy the food for its original flavor. Too much seasonings overpower the original flavor of the food.