This recipe was inspired by the following recipe:
This recipe is worth trying out and I will make that meal another time.
I have modified this meal with what I have. I am very pleased with how it turned out. It is so easy to make and packed with three super -nutritious food: Sweet potato, avocado, hazelnuts!
(The following recipe is for one person. Just multiply the quantity as needed)
- 1 sweet potato, wash it well and slice it lengthwise as viewed in the photo below. (No need to peel it)
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced.
- Salsa (bought from the store.
- 10 to 12 hazelnuts (rinse them clean.)
- Pam cooking spray or olive oil.
Tip: Use a slicer to slice the potato.
• Preheat your oven to 350° F. Lay the sweet potato slices on a baking sheet and spray with Pam cooking spray on the top. Roast for 7 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the slices. Flip to the other side, and spray the Pam on this side. Bake another 7 to 10 minutes. They are done when they are easily pierced with a fork.
• Bake the hazelnuts together on a separate sheet in the lower rake. Bake it for about 15 minutes and take them out.
• When the Sweet potato slices are done, lay the sweet potato toasts on plates and top with sliced avocado and salsa.
Flip the sweet potato slices to the other side, and spray them with Pam or drizzle some olive oil over them. Bake the slices until they are done (for another 7 to 10 minutes. But after baking the hazelnuts for 15 minutes, take them out.
Serve the sweet potato toast , avocado and salsa with toasted hazelnuts. Use a nut cracking tool to crack the hazelnuts open.
I ate this meal with a cup of freshly squeezed orange juice. Yummy!
If you like this recipe, Please click “like” and share this post with your friends and family. Thank you for your support.