Pancake Ingredients for one person:
- One egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tbspn oil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Additional oil or butter for greasing two mini 5-inch mini cast skillets)
- Some frozen blue berries
- Combine one egg, oil and add enough flour until the right consistency. I add about three to four tablespoons of flour or more flour as needed. Stir until mixture is blended completely. Then add some blueberries (optional).
- Lightly grease both skillets with vegetable oil.
- Heat up two mini cast skillets over medium heat (4 or 5 out of 10) (or if you are using butter instead of vegetable oil, you can grease the skillets with butter after it is heated).
- Pour the batter onto the skillet until it fills out the skillet. (Or you may pour 1/2 of the flour mixture into one skillet and pour the other half into another skillet.
- Brown on both sides.
- Flip when it is brown on one side, as seen in the photo. You may grease the pan again before you cook the other side. You may have to flip a couple of times. Avoid burning the pancakes.
- Serve hot and top off with honey or Nutella.
Eat pancakes with some honey. You can add another egg, two to three sausages and some fruits to your plate.
For this breakfast, I ate the pancake with baked hazelnuts, small purple potatoes, and kiwi.
I highly recommend getting two 5-inch cast skillets for making pancakes. You can easily find brand-new mini cast iron skillets in a second-hand store. It cost me only 3 or 4 dollars per skillet there. I can easily make two small pancakes simultaneously with two mini skillets with the above recipe.
It is so easy to make tasty pancakes from scratch with mini cast skillets that I am not going to buy premixed pancake mix any more! You know that your pancakes will not have any preservatives in them and it will taste so much better!
I will later experiment with different kinds of flour for my pancakes. To keep the iron skillet from rusting, you have to oil it after washing it and wiping it dry.