The trick for cooking a healthy tasty egg fried rice is:
Have a healthy base: Cooked Brown Rice with hemp seeds and chia seeds.
1. Use leftover rice. (Have to use this so the fried rice will taste firm, not mushy.)
2. When cooking rice, use half portion of brown rice and half portion of white rice. After it is done, mix in some chia seeds and hemp seeds as seen below in the photo.
Prepare the following ingredients before cooking the fried rice:
- Two or three Eggs (for one big bowl of rice)
- Diced Pepper (yellow, green and or red pepper)
- Diced onion
- Diced Zucchini
- (You can also add other types of veggies if you like: tomatoes, broccoli, celeries, carrots, etc.)
- Cranberry raisins (or raisins)
- Sliced almond (walnut or cashews)
- Turmeric powder
- Please do not use soy sauce. It will ruin the flavor!
- Add the oil and Stir-fry the egg on a hot pan. Set aside in a bowl when done.
- Add butter or oil or both in the pan, stir fry the veggies (put the harder veggies first).
- After stirring for about three min. when veggies are almost done (avoid overcooking it), add the rice and keep stirring them until they look similar to the photo above.
- Then add nuts and raisins.
- Then add turmeric powder, pepper, and salt.
I love it! It tastes so good that I have eaten two bowls of this!
(Avoid putting too much seasoning. Go easy on these seasonings. You can always add more if it tastes too bland, but you can’t go back if it tastes too salty or the flavor is overpowering. I won’t tell how much to put but share with you this golden rule for adding seasonings.)
Let me know how yours come out and how you like it in the comment below.